I obtained my PhD in the Software Verification, Validation and Testing (SVVAT) group at the University of Texas at Austin (hook’em) in 2017. My adviser is Sarfraz Khurshid. I obtained my M.S. degree in software engineering at UT Austin in 2014 and my B.S. degree in software engineering from The University of Texas at Dallas in 2012 (whoosh). My PhD dissertation can be found here.
My main goal is to improve software reliability by focusing on:
- Automated Software Engineering: Test/Oracle Generation, Automated Bug Localization and Repair, Regression Testing, and Mutation Testing
- Formal Methods and Programming Languages: Model Based Testing, First-Order Logic, Program Synthesis, Model Checking and Symbolic Execution
- Upcoming Service: SPIN 2020 (PC Member), ESEC/FSE 2020 Tool Demonstrations Track (PC Member)
- February 2021: I am a member of the Software Engineering Research Center (SERC) at UTA.
- February 2021: I will be sitting on the “Career Paths in Computing” panel at the Student Computing. Research Festival (SCRF) cohosted by UTA and UNT.
- February 2021: I will be sitting on the “The Graduate School Experience” panel at OurCS@DFW cohosted by UTA and UNT.
- Janurary 2021: I will be offering a Workshop on Software Engineering vs Computer Science at the Digital Divas 2021 event.
- Janurary 2021: I will be offering a Workshop on Z3 at OurCS@DFW cohosted by UTA and UNT.
- September 2020: I am a member of the following Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) sub committees at UTA: BPC Student Awards, External BPC Conferences and K-12 Outreach sub-committees.
- September 2020: Attending TAPIA as a volunteer for the UTA booth.
- August 2020: I am the co-advisor for Society of Women Engineers (SWE) at UTA.
- August 2020: One paper accepted into ISSRE 2020 “Fault Localization for Declarative Models in Alloy”
- July 2020: I am Co-PI on a NSF MRI award to obtain equipment to facilitate research on the interaction between multiple autonomous ground vehicles. Total: 550k, My Share: 55k.
- June 2020: Started working as an assistant professor at UTA.
- May 2020: One paper accepted at ISSTA 2020 Tools and Demostrations Track “ProFL: A Fault Localization Framework for Prolog” - Congratulations George!
- May 2020: Congratulations to Jasmine Mabrey for being given the “Outstanding Rising Scholar Award” by the graduate college at NC A&T for her M.S. Thesis work.
- April 2020: I am Co-PI on a 20 member interdisciplinary team selected for NASA’s University Leadership Initiative. Our focus is on verifying the interaction between multiple unmanned aerial vehicles. Total: 8M, My Share: 635k.
- April 2020: I have accepted a position as an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at UT Arlington starting in Fall 2020.
- March 2020: Congratulations to George Thompson for being nominated by the Department Chair for NC A&T’s “Outstanding Thesis Award” for his M.S. Thesis work.
- March 2020: Congratulations to Jasmine Mabrey (Automated Defect Classification using Machine Learning) and George Thompson (Towards Automated Fault Localization for Prolog Models) on their successful Master Thesis proposals! Proud of you guys!!
- More: (Older News).
I love puzzles just as much as my cat likes laying out over all the puzzle pieces. In my downtime, I play video games: I have a weekly discord get together with all my close friends in Texas. I equally enjoy getting out of the house. Since I stopped running marathons, I’ve taken to hiking – I have a goal to visit every national park in the United States. I am also eager to get out and explore the world – I enjoy backpacking with my husband internationally.